Tuesday, October 26, 2010

What's happenin

Life has gotten so busy, I haven't blogged in forever. I've gone from working 2 days a week to 4-5 days a week, which is a huge change for me. I haven't worked this much since before Cameron was born. Since he now only goes to therapies on Wednesday mornings and goes to school 4 afternoons a week, I decided to work more. This was more of a necessity than a desire. Being a single mom isn't cheap or EASY!

Alek started middle school this year. We live close to the school so he is able to walk. Lately however he has wanted me to drive him. This gives us time together which I'm sure he feels like he never gets. It's pretty hard being the oldest cause mom is always focused on the babies. Along with going to middle school, he has also adopted the pre teen attitude. Talking back, arguing, being rude etc. This is the beginning of the fun times I'm afraid.

Cameron has started his last year in IPOP. He has the same teacher he has had the past two years and I'm grateful for this. He loves her and she loves him. They were very impressed at how much more Cameron is talking this year. At the end of school last year we were lucky to get a three word sentence out of Cameron. Now he is speaking in complete sentences very easily. He really gets a kick out of telling everyone he has two girlfriends and saying "you're jealous".

Rylee is walking and getting into trouble with her big brother Cameron. She isn't talking alot yet, just a few words here and there but she is getting cuter everyday. She loves her big brothers and they play very well together most of the time. She's learning early to fight back and knows how to get what she wants.

All in all, things are good. Busy but good. I'm trying to not get so busy that I miss these valuable years with my children. Sometimes it's hard to appreciate the moments when you're exhausted.

No comments:

site counters