Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Be careful what you wish for.........

When Cameron was just a newborn, I began to worry a lot about how his disability would affect our family and our other child at the time. One of my biggest concerns was that they wouldn't have the normal relationship that brothers do because Cameron was different. Boy was I wrong. I have had the pleasure and sometimes annoyance of the typical brotherly love that you see between brothers. Conversation from the car the other day.

There was a good song on the radio.

Cameron: Radio Up Mama Please

Me: Ok

Cameron: Thanks Mama

Well then Alek begins to tell me some story about school.

Cameron: (yelling) SHHHHHH. Quiet.

Alek: I do what I want (show Cameron his fist)

Cameron: Go away.

Alek laughs

Cameron: fine ever

As annoying as this is , especially in the car it is also heartwarming to know that the relationship my boys have is no different than the relationship I had with my siblings and that all siblings have. I love that Alek doesn't treat Cameron different. Not that being a bullying big brother is a good thing, but it is a normal thing. And Alek is right there to defend Cameron and help him when he really needs him. It is the days such as these that make me so proud to be a mother.

No comments:

site counters