Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Talks with an 11 year old boy

I have decided that rather than forget these memorable moments I have with my oldest son, I will share them and even keep record of them. They will be good stories to use when he is older and when he brings girls home etc. Our brief conversation last night regarding saving money......

Me: When you start cutting grass this summer you are going to be required to save some of the money you make rather than just spending it all.

Alek: I know, Mom.

Me: Well you can't just spend it all and have nothing to show for it.

Alek: What about if I put 2% in the bank?

Me: You're going to put half in the bank!

Alek: What about if I put 50% in the bank?

Me: That sounds good!

Now keep in mind that my child, this child is in the "gifted program" at school. This did however provide us all with a great laugh, he even thought it was funny when I told him that half is 50%.

1 comment:

Wendy said...

LOL... My eldest was the same way!! I always said he had Einstein Syndrome... Brainy with no common sense... He had would be able to invent the next big idea with his intelligence but not enough common sense to pour the water out of a boot before putting it on!!

site counters