Saturday, May 29, 2010

With a bark bark here and a bark bark there

Oh no. Not again. I woke up last night to that all too familiar cough. You know the barking one that goes on and on. The one that nearly causes a child to gag. So on to the bathroom with a hot steaming shower and me holding Cameron with my eyes barely open. Funny enough the man of the house was sleeping soundly next to me in the bed snoring while Cameron coughed and coughed. After very little sleep, off to the doctor we went this morning. Thank goodness they are open on Saturday mornings. And it's croup. Cameron had this last year as well although last time it was really bad by the time we go to the doctor and he had to have an immediate steroid shot because his airways were so inflamed. Luckily this time we just had to get a prescription for steroids for 3 days. Cameron was a little gentleman even though we saw an unfamiliar doctor. He let her listen to his chest and back and check his ears and throat with no complaint. And when it was all over he said "thank you doctor". I was so proud of him and the doctor was truly impressed. She said "he does so well". I guess she hasn't had the pleasure of being around many children with Down syndrome and I'm glad he was on his best behavior for her today. He's feeling pretty good right now, he's singing Happy Birthday mama to me for the 80th time since my birthday over 2 weeks ago!

Gotta love it!

2 comments:

Beth said...

Hope he's letting you sleep now. How do you manage to get those steroids in him? Eww! They taste SO bad in liquid form!

And yes, her really "does so well"!

Kim said...

He is sleeping now. The barking is finally done. However they have given me something now. And he takes any medicine with no problem. He's funny like that.

site counters