Monday, September 29, 2008

Buddy Walk A SUCCESS

Whose Idea was This?



So we did it. After many months and many long nights, our first ever Buddy Walk is complete. Buddy Walk is a wonderful, heart-warming event especially for people with Down Syndrome. So many times, people with DS are looked down upon or felt sorry for, and at events like these, you get to come together and see the potentials of everyone, while raising awareness in the community.






Our group is still very young, but thanks to the help of a few good friends and wonderful mothers to terrific kids with DS, we made it happen. I couldn't be more proud of our accomplishments and of the reason I have been introduced to this world.


3 comments:

Wendy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Wendy said...

Well let me try that again...

YOU DID A FABULOUS JOB!!! I will say that your position and service is usually a THANKLESS ONE!!!

But your HEART IS in the RIGHT PLACE...


psst...... Lucy says.. How U Spell!

Beth said...

Trick or Treat!

The word is out now...Wendy has spilled the beans. She is such a detective!

I'm glad that you've got a blog even if you make mine look bad!

Add a Cameron spot on the side--you've got Alek there, but, as you know, I'm partial to those 47 kind of kids. (I'd say, "mutants", but that is SO not PC, even if I think it's cute.)

Good Work, Good Mama!

site counters