Saturday, August 15, 2009

What the.......

Apparently as people age, they become crazy. I have seen this in my mother in law. Just take a look at my previous posts to see that she is a real nutter lately. Listen, I appreciate all the things she has done to help our family in the years past, but lately I'm not so appreciative of what she has to offer. Since this new healthcare reform issue has been a hot topic, she has convinced herself that this is the beginning of the end of the world. Geesh. She is very religous and I respect that but good grief, how bout being a little more positive and enjoy life. It seems all she talks about is the rapture, the end of the world and what is going to happen to us sinners who don't attend church on a regular basis. This is where I draw the line. Last week she was visiting and while holding my newborn and very innocent daughter she explains that if Rylee grows up she will look like her mama. But if she doesn't (cause again, the world is ending) she will be going to a place that grandmama doesn't know. In other words, she is saying that a 4 week old baby is going to hell. Why is that? It's because Robert and I don't go to church! That is not because we are not believers. We have spiritual beliefs. Maybe our beliefs are as strong as hers, but we believe in the same god that she does. The difference......we don't spend every day preaching to others, give 10% of our income to church, or spend numerous hours with the many hippocrites I have found at church.

This is ridiculous. Do people who consider themselves "Christians" actually believe that infants and children who are obviously not old enough to claim Christ as their savior, will go to hell? I'm sorry but the God that I believe in is fair and just and would never damn children or even people who had not had the opportunity to learn about Christ to hell. And furthermore, why is my family going to a place that wacky grandma doesn't know simply because we don't follow her church rituals? We are good moral people. We take care of our family. We don't lie, cheat or steal. And I believe we will be judged accordingly.

Good grief lady, give me a break. And get some medication. You're driving everyone nuts.

No comments:

site counters