Monday, July 27, 2009

Do I detect jealousy??



Not that we didn't expect it, but Cameron is visibly jealous of the attention his new sister is getting. This was one of my biggest worries when I first found out that I was pregnant. I have given Cameron so much attention and let's be honest, have revolved my life around his needs, that I have spent much time very worried about how this would affect him. Worried that with an infant I will not have the time I need to devote to Cameron. So far, I've been able to balance well. Rylee is still sleeping 22 out of 24 hours.....those 2 hours awake are during the sleeping hours of most other people, but still! Even with that being said, Cameron has started getting a blanket and coming out to "rest" like his little sister. He has started pretending to cry and now he is trying to drink from a bottle. I'm sure with time, he will get used to all this, but in the meantime, it's quite a site to see me sitting in a chair with Rylee on one shoulder to burp and Cameron on the other.

1 comment:

Beth said...

It's actually good for Cameron to have to share Mommy. Don't worry for a second that you're shortchanging him (or Rylee for that matter). His life is going to be so much richer with a little sister. Anything that he *might* miss out on because you're busy with the baby will be made up by an increase in his independence and newfound creativity (read that as: mischief). A little jealousy is fine. At least he's not taking it out on her. yet.

site counters