Sunday, October 4, 2009

Buddy Walk

Yesterday we went to the Buddy Walk in Virginia Beach at Mt. Trashmore. This is our 4th year of Buddy Walk and yet I'm still as touched this year as I have been the previous 3. There is nothing quite like seeing so many people with DS and their families. It's like a secret society. And best of all, you don't get any of those goofy comments or "feel sorry for ya" stares. We had a great time. The whole family went and they even had t-shirts to fit Rylee. We even took B Curtis. I don't have many photos because getting three kids and a dog ready for a walk is pretty tough and goofy mama forgot her camera. As it seems, downloading pics from my cell phone isn't the easiest or quickest thing to do. But even with all the craziness, the tunnel traffic, the long drive, and no sleep the night before, it was a great event with beautiful weather. I personally can't wait until next year so we can do it again.

No comments:

site counters