Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Sleepless Study

I'd like to take this opportunity to complain at the sleep study. Yesterday the sleep lab called me sayihng they had a cancellation for last night. I have been dreading doing this, so I thought it would be a good idea to go ahead and take it and get it over with before I had a chance to talk myself out of it again. So we got our stuff ready and I tried my best to prepare Cameron for what was ahead of him. He of course had no nap so he was tired. When we first arrived, he was great. He figured this was play time with just he and mom and we were gonna have a fabulous time.



Not long after we arrived they began hooking Cameron up to the many wires they use to see what exactly happens when he sleeps. Now I have to say....this is complete ridiculousness. No child is gonna sleep with this junk hooked to their head, legs, chest and neck. Shoot, I wouldn't sleep with it on. I talked him through it keeping him busy so he didn't cry and eventually we were hooked up.



Give me a break. Good grief. This is crazy. So we lay down and watched TV for a few minutes. Cameron started his tired noise and before I knew it, he was snoring. I turned the TV off thinking that maybe I was gonna get some sleep tonight. Uh wrong answer. 1 1/2 hours after he fell asleep, Cameron starts his crazy sleeping. Sitting up. Laying down. Sitting up. Laying down. Well by gosh, wouldn't you know that this was gonna disconnect some of the leads? Yep, sure did. So the tech had to come in and hook it back up which caused screaming and crying. He finally fell asleep again, only to repeat the whole process over and over again all night. I don't know what they will conclude from this sleep study other than he didn't sleep but oh well. I will say that after this is all over and he has had a bath he still didn't sleep. He was exhausted and finally several hours later zonked out in front of the TV.




He is still feeling the effects from this long night 12 hours later. And boy, I am too. This was an awful experience and to top it off, we will now wait 8- 10 weeks for results. Terrific.

1 comment:

Beth said...

I feel for ya! And Hannah feels for you Cameron. Glad it's over. You probably only have to do one or two more in the next year or so...

But I'm proud of you for getting it over with!

site counters