Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Will I Ever Sleep Again?

It has been three weeks since that dreadful sleep study. And one thing is for sure, Cameron is definitely not sleeping now. I know he didn't sleep well before but things seem to have gotten far worse since the study was done. I'm sure that this is coincidental, probably things are worse because the weather etc. Cameron fell asleep at 8:00pm last night and I therefore, stupidly assumed that I would get some sleep. HA. Silly me. Cameron woke up at 11:00pm, crying because I had put the gate up so he couldn't get out. I did the stupid thing, because of lack of sleep, and put him in bed with me. (This has been a common occurance for at least the past week). And to say that his sleep is terrible is a complete understatement. He sits, he rolls, he gets up, he snores, he lays back down. He lays on me. It seems the only way he would sleep was if I held him.....and guess what, that prevents my sleep. I did call the ENT last week to stress that we were really having some issues now and they are supposed to have his study results within the next week or two. Sure that isn't that long if you are sleeping, but without a good night's sleep, I could quite possibly go postal. That ENT could expect to find me waiting at his office for him one morning demanding that either the tonsils be removed or this kid is going home with him for a night. :) I would love to say this is me joking, but for goodness sake- GIVE ME A BREAK!

Signed: Sleepless

1 comment:

Josette said...

Jessie still isn't a great sleeper, sometimes I'm not sure why and sometimes because of reflux. Before she had her adenoids out...it got REALLY bad. In the few weeks once we had surgery scheduled, she really scared me because of how often I was hearing her stop breathing. I know you mentioned tonsils..our doctor planned to take her adenoids (he didn't think her tonsils looked large enough to be the sole source) and if when he got in there didn't think they were large enough to be the source of our entire problem, then would take the tonsils. Her adenoids turned out to be very large and she hasn't had the stop breathing problem since surgery. Still not a great sleeper...

site counters