Tuesday, October 6, 2009

What happened to nap time?

For the last several weeks Cameron has been boycotting his naps. Now I'm telling you, he needs these naps. And I think that I need them even more. Things have kinda fallen apart since he learned to open doors. Now he is impossible to keep in his room. Yesterday after school my mom sends me this pic message on my phone. Cameron, in his sweet way of playin my mom, brings his pillow and blanket out and lays on the living room floor. He believes that if he lays down for 10 minutes he will be excused from his nap. Worse than his idea, is that this actually works with my mom since she is wrapped around his finger. B Curtis wasn't misisng out on this chance to lay down and get a little shut eye. Especially since he got to lay on the pillow with his favorite friend. I will add that Cameron never went to sleep and he was hell on wheels by the time I got home. Cameron very rarely is in a bad mood even when he's tired but he gets sensitive and cries at everything. Needless to say, at 7pm it was bedtime. For Cameron and Alek, since the 10 year old decided to show his tail and talk ugly to his grandma.  As for me, I am looking for a way to keep this kid in his room for either a nap or at least some quiet time. The baby gate is great except that he stands at it and yells "mama" the whole time. Maybe a child proof doorknob is the solution??

1 comment:

Beth said...

Yeah, it makes you wonder why we teach kids to talk!

site counters