Friday, October 2, 2009

The embarrassing Mother

Gosh, I remember being a teenager and being very embarrassed of my parents. I like to think that I had plenty of reason for this. My parents were dorky and they drove a dorky car. I don't remember being embarrassed really until I got into middle school which for me was around 7th grade. There were also some other issues at home with my parents that I won't go into now, but we'll just say that around this time in my life, my mom and dad were less than desirable kind of people. Still, I know that kids get embarrassed of their parents, but at 10....good grief. I don't walk around with curlers in my hair like my mother in law did with my husband and I don't pick my nose in front of people for goodness sake. This morning Alek left to go the bus stop. We can see the bus stop from our house, and he is adament that we not go with him. Since there are other children and parents there, I oblige. Today, about 20 minutes after the bus should've come, I see Alek coming back up the driveway. The bus had still not arrived. I offered to take him to school but as we were getting in the car, the bus drove by. I wanted to make sure that this was in fact his bus, so  I followed him to the bus stop. You would've thought he was late for dinner. He was  practically running to get away from me. And the whole time he was shouting mom stop. It was rather funny and because I knew it was bothering him, I followed just in spite.


I'm sure he's gonna be mad at me this afternoon, but that's ok. It's what we embarrassing parents do.

2 comments:

Mary said...

LOL! Love this story!
BTW, connected to your blog through Sarah Ely's blog.
Your kids are darling!

Kim said...

Thanks Mary. It's funny when you embarass your kids....lol.

site counters