Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Cameron's conference

Today I met with Cameron's teacher for our first conference. I guess since report cards are getting ready to be issued- they are meeting with all the parents. I was very impressed with all his teacher had to tell me. First she tells me that Cameron seems to be the star of his class. Apparently the little boys fight over who will sit next to Cameron and who will help him walk to music, P.E., library etc. The teacher also told me that they call Cameron a little Cassanova. He likes to love on the girls alot. :) This should make his daddy very proud don't ya think?  All in all it was a great conference. I love to hear that my little guy is doing so well and that he is adored by everyone around him. This is a big change from the beginning of our journey with Cameron when everything seemed to be of a negative nature. I think the best thing I heard today was that Cameron seems to have a great effect on his peers. I was explaining that I think Cameron is really benefiting from being around typically developing children his age, as he seems to be working much harder to do the things they do. Her comment was this...."Cameron is really good for the other children too, they don't see him as a child with Down syndrome they only see him as a friend." She said they even take up for Cameron and say things like he's only 3, that's why he's having a hard time.

While I was super reluctant at first to send my little fella off to school, I am soooo glad I did it now. This has turned out to be such a great thing for Cameron- not to mention that he absolutely loves going.

I'm going to soak this up for now, cause I am sure things won't always be this easy!

2 comments:

Wendy said...

Of course it is always going to be that easy mom!!

However I am going to tell my girls their Casanova is stepping out on them!!

Kim said...

He's a pimp. Just trying to keep his options open...!

site counters