Thursday, November 5, 2009

Guy Sandwhich

Yesterday we had a super busy day. Wednesdays are always busy, but this day started very early and we started our day with Aquatic therapy at 8am. That was followed by Speech at 9, Cardiologist at 10 and finally PT at 11. Lucky for me, Cameron's therapies are all done at the same building where many of his doctors rotate. We don't typically do this many appointments on one day however it just kind of happened because of some scheduling issues and the fact that I can not take Rylee into the hospital with me for Cam's appointments.

By the time Cameron had done therapy in the water and had an hour of speech he was a little less than eager to visit with the cardiologist. That is surprising, right! He allowed the nurse to weigh him (he is 31 pounds) and they checked his blood pressure. That is where his cooperation ended. He acted so crazy when they were trying to do the EKG that they had to stop. The doc says he's not too concerned because Cameron doesn't exhibit any signs of distress.  He listened to Cameron's heart and lungs etc. all while I had his arms pinned behind his back and my leg holding down his legs and of course him bellowing. When the doc stood up and the tears stopped Cameron held up his fist and said "Guy Sandwhich". The mothering side of me had to scold him for this. I didn't allow the nurses to reward him with stickers because he had not cooperated and had even been rude to his doctor. Cameron knew he was in trouble but I have to admit that I was having a terrible time keeping a straight face througout this. I can't help but laugh when he's not around at the things he is picking up and they come out at the most unexpected times.

And just for the record........his nanny taught him about the knuckle sandwhich. Not me.

1 comment:

Beth said...

I don't blame him one bit! Everyone I know hates those stickies on the tummies! And after all that therapy? Give the guy a break. Give him a guy sandwich!

site counters