Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Pink Eye Again.....and other updates!

Seriously. Cameron has pink eye again. He woke up this morning with a crusted eye. So the doctor's office was blessed with our presence again this morning at their walk in hours. I'm sure they see us and think "oh no, here they come again." Nevertheless, Cameron does have an infection in his eye again. This time the doctor (not our regular doctor) gave us eye drops instead of the oral antibiotics that give Cameron terriblel digestive problems. I'm sure these will not be easy to apply, but it's better than the alternative!! He also gave me unlimited refils so that I don't have to frequent their office every week, like I have the past 3 weeks. UGH. He did say that he believes that Cameron's tear ducts are blocked, therefore the bacteria that gets in his eyes is not washing out like it should, causing pink eye repeatedly. He suggested that we visit the eye doctor and explore with her the idea that perhaps he needs to have his tear ducts probed. That sounds so pleasant, but I think that we'll try these drops and pray that the infection clears up and doesn't return.

T&A Surgery. I called the scheduler yesterday (because they had yet to contact me) and we are scheduled for T&A removal. As with everything else, they are prompt as usual. His appointment is on January 7th....! I was hoping that I would be able to have Cameron taken care of and recovered by the time I have surgery on my back on December 17th. I can see that won't happen, so pray for me that I will recover well enough to be able to stay in the hospital for 23 hours with Cameron for his surgery.

Last, but certainly not least. Sunday in our area, a young boy was killed in a tragic accident. I did not know this boy or his family (even though we have the same last name) but I want to offer my sincere sympathy to his family. This was a tragic loss and in my opinion the most awful thing that can happen. The loss of a child is my worst nightmare. And during the holiday season, I can only imagine it is much harder. I hope this reminds everyone to cherish the time they have with their children and families. Life can be cut short and you really never know how much time you have. Enjoy every day, savor every moment. Don't let yourself get too busy for the silly stuff.  

No comments:

site counters