Saturday, November 14, 2009

Fed Up Friday

Yes, I do know that it is Saturday but I was too fed up yesterday to post. So we'll call this "Fed Up Friday". First, I'll start by saying that many things irritated me yesterday. #1 being the post on "Tard Supper". You may have seen this on Facebook or someone else's blog. If not, here is the link http://slog.thestranger.com/slog/archives/2009/11/09/the-tard-supper

Amazingly enough, the guy who posted this is gay. I assume he is used to being ridiculed and called names, so I am left to wonder what made him feel this was an appropriate description of the artwork. Perhaps for me, it just set off a short fuse I already have for the word "Retard". I have posted before on this subject, but it never ceases to amaze me that people still use that word not only in my presence but around Cameron.  Anyway- I'll let it go, cause I'm sure this subject will be back around before we know it. (Sometimes a girl just has to vent)

Second~ It has been nearly 6 weeks since Cameron had his sleep study. I called the doc about 2 1/2 weeks ago and was told to call them when it had been 5 weeks, as that was when they expected to have the results back. I did call back on Monday, which was 5 weeks and was told that the results had just come in and they were sitting on the doctor's desk. The nurse assured me someone would call me as soon as he had reviewed them.  On Wednesday, I called back because I still hadn't heard and nope, the doctor hadn't reviewed them yet. I was again assured that when the doc arrived in on Friday, they would be reviewed immediately and I would receive a call before the end of the day. Hello- it's Saturday......! I am going to make a 3rd call on Monday, but I assure you that I won't be as pleasant on this phone call. It kills me that these doctors charge you an arm and a leg to see our children and then take over a week to just read results and make a phone call- C'mon!


 I think Cameron got tired of waiting too.



This is a special position that kids with DS apparently like to sleep in. I have other friends who say their children do this too. If you ask me, it's rather disturbing considering the fact that I can't even bend over and touch my toes, much less lay down like this. And this kid sleeps soundly like this. It's amazing.

Anyhow, now that I've gotten all that off of my chest, I may be able to enjoy my Soggy Saturday.



No comments:

site counters