Tuesday, February 9, 2010

"Fine Ever"

It's amazing what children pickup. What you don't always realize is that they listen to every word you say. And while most times they repeat it immediately, they sometimes keep it locked in their very intricate brains to be brought out at a later time. A most appropriate time! Just a few things to consider. Sometimes the words they repeat are not supposed to be said by children. Like the time I dropped something in the kitchen and said "son of a " and I actually stopped myself. However, Cameron finished the statement for me. He had never repeated the word before, but had brought it out at the appropriate time.  Good thing we were at home. Today, I was trying to get him to the door to wait on his bus. I know I called him at least 5 times. Finally, I said get to this door or you're gonna get  a spankin. His response was simply "Fine Ever". Translation- Fine Whatever.  I couldn't help but laugh. Especially since I know I'm famous for saying this to just get through a conversation. Outta the mouths of babes!

No comments:

site counters