Thursday, February 4, 2010

I'm Back

Things have been crazy busy around here for the past couple of months. I think now they may be settling down a little. At least enough to maybe post on my blog which is starting to collect cobwebs. Cameron's surgery (a month ago) went well. It was a tough week or so after though I will say. He had to stay overnight in the hospital which I was thankful for since he literally refused to drink. That was the toughest part was getting him to take fluids. And although Cameron is usually very good about taking medicine, even that was an awful fight. I do have to say that CHKD is very good and I was impressed with how well they took care of him, even allowing me to go into the OR with him until they got him to sleep so he wouldn't get scared. And he looked so cute in his yellow pajamas.....
Then just 20 days after his surgery, he had his 4th Birthday. We didn't have a party. I did take cupcakes to the school for all of his friends to enjoy. They were so cute and I really wish that my unorgainized self had taken a camera to get some pictures of those faces! We let him choose where he wanted to eat that night and he wanted the mexican restaurant across the street (I promise I had no influence over this). Everyone who works there loves Cameron and even our waiter participated in the events.....


We invited the grandparents and some other extended family and Cameron ahd a terrific time. I can't believe he's 4 already. It seems not that long ago that he was just a baby. A tiny little baby who had a hard time drinking a bottle. Look at him now~!~


I'm so proud of my little boy and all he has accomplished in this past year. I could go on all night about all he has done over the past year. We love you so much Cameron~ You're the best.

2 comments:

Beth said...

Nice to see you posting again!

Did you buy Cameron a margarita for his birthday? I can't believe he's four either!

Kim said...

He has fun with them. I, however am a different story!

site counters