Friday, September 11, 2009

Remembering this day 8 years ago

I remember exactly when I heard the news. I was at work when a co-worker's son called to tell her that a plane had flown into the twin towers. The news of this seemed crazy but all the same just an accident. No one thought too much about it until the news came through that another plane had hit the other tower. That image of the plane flying directly into that tower is an image that has imprinted my mind ever since. That day at work was one of the quietest days I've ever experienced. With a small radio black and white t.v. set up beside my desk and the radio on overhead, we all listened as the other attacks were made. In pure disbelief we watched as thousands of people's lives were destroyed.

In the days following the attacks I spent most of my time watching the news coverage with tears running down my face. That hurt and remorse for those who lost loved ones still aches within me today as I remember that day.

While it has been 8 years, we have not forgotten, nor will we ever.

No comments:

site counters